anil

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Grandchildren

Two posts - A wondrous journey and training- which I love but only those with grandchildren will really enjoy


A wondrous journey


Watching your grandchildren grow up is like watching the most wonderful tableau in the world. True that we have seen this before with our children, but the grandchild development is something else again. For one there are no pressures, no stress and no responsibility. You can watch their growth with joy and wonder

From the time they start developing a personality to when they really have one is a wondrous journey.
,

First comes the day they sit up

 then they crawl
 and then cruise


and finally start walking.

Even more wondrous is their development as they learn to talk and communicate with the outer world.

The first word is a thrill, then comes the few words that thrill the parents of "mama" and "papa"

and then a babel that you can hardly recognize much to his frustration.

 Oftentimes he is reduced to pointing what he wants you to do since you cannot obviously understand his commands.
 Ah now he can talk to you with his headphones so that you are clear


It is a wondrous journey indeed!


--------------------------------

Training

Nikhil describes how he trains his parent and all those around him.

"The first thing to remember is that all these humans dont speak baby language and you have to teach them to follow your instructions. Sometimes it is very difficult but they catch on quickly if you repeat the lessons often enough. At least that is what I learnt.

Here I am teaching my father how to hold the milk bottle


My grandmother also needs to learn this trick, so here goes



Bua is an easy convert and lots of fun too
Sometimes I get into trouble

Then mama pulls my ears
But I can soon sweet talk her and all is all right

Here I am teaching papa to read my book properly
But now that I have trained them to feed me properly and to read to me clearly, life is hunky dory and I can listen to my music in peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment