anil

Friday, November 23, 2012

A day in the life of....


One day I rang my grandson.

"Dada", he said " I am busy busy "

"Really"I asked him "what are you up to? "

"We'll, there are tons of thing to do. And I have no time at all".

 "OK, Nik nik tell me about your typical day "

" Well dada the first thing you have to remember, there is no such thing as a typical day for me. Every day there is something new".

" Let me tell you about today. I got up at six. I woke up papa so he could do his gym- he is really lazy and I have to be firm about it. Then we have our morning chat and he tells me all about life and stuff.

Then I have to wake up mama. If I don't wake her up," he continued earnestly, " she will continue sleeping. And be late for work. And that won't do, will it"

"Soon we have breakfast, for me the liquid kind, thank you. Then it is time to pack them off, mama to her office and papa to his home office. Finally I can catch a breath.Whew! So much work. But sometimes, just sometimes, I can even take a nap."

"But soon grandma is knocking on the door she wants in for lunch. I go down to keep her company. You see she is so lonely without grandpa, who has gone to Haiphong. "

"We have long chats, grandma and me when she is cooking".

Its soon noon and mama rushes back to have lunch with us. Then off to a well deserved rest for me.

In the evening I have to entertain the whole family, even dadi and you. That is a lot of fun. We try out all the new sounds I learnt that day like "byebye, hello" and "kissy kissy". Such a busy day. When I am having so much fun but papa says I have to go to sleep. Oops, I have to put the toys back in the basket, first"
But wait papa has to read me the latest book you sent.


So goodnight dada."

What a busy day and what a crazy life indeed. But that's nik nik.

No comments:

Post a Comment